Adobe Acrobat DC
Adobe is a well-known and respected name when it comes to PDF software, especially since it can boast that it invented the format itself. Brand recognition isn’t the only thing that Adobe Acrobat DC, the latest version of the popular PDF software, has in its corner. The application features an extensive range of functionalities that make it the software to beat in the world of PDF document management.
Adobe Acrobat DC’s position as the leading PDF software on the market comes with a price, in this case a higher price than other PDF solutions. We’d say it’s justified, however, as it presents the user with more tools than one could possibly need when it comes to viewing, converting, editing and creating PDF documents.
- User friendly – while it’s one of the most complex pieces of PDF software on the market, Adobe Acrobat DC is remarkably easy to use, with a familiar customizable UI.
- Good support – with a program this deep, you’d expect a decent level of learning and support resources, and Adobe delivers in this area with extensive tutorials and knowledgeable online chat support.
- Full range of functions – Adobe Acrobat DC will certainly not leave anyone wanting for more functionality in its toolkit, and that goes for both casual and business users.
- Great security – the level of control and protection Acrobat DC gives you is outstanding, making it a solid choice for security-conscious business users.
- Heavy application – this is a program that takes up a lot of space on your hard drive, and can cause some PCs to experience slower performance during use.
- Interface issues – while Acrobat DC is quite user-friendly, it can overwhelm new users with options they don’t need. That’s where easy toolbar customization comes in.
- No ePub – despite its deep toolkit, Acrobat DC doesn’t convert documents into ePub formats, the standard for e-books.
- Can be unstable – there can be some issues with Acrobat DC’s stability in the form of crashes and freezes.
The first thing one might notice about Adobe Acrobat DC is that it’s a huge program. It’s probably the PDF software with the most features, and that can be overwhelming for some. However, the second thing one might notice is that it’s actually quite easy to use. The interface is relatively intuitive, and you can get into using the application quickly.
That being said, it’s necessary to customize the toolbars to your liking, so that you can avoid being burdened by functions you don’t need. Thankfully, this is easily accomplished with Acrobat DC. A quick browse through the tutorials and you’ll be ready to go.
Converting documents is easy with Acrobat DC. It works with a long list of formats, including the full range of Microsoft Office files. Creating PDFs can also be done from scratch, by using existing files, or by pulling content from the web. You can also create interactive fillable forms, editable PDF documents, and so on.
From its extensive list of features, there are a few that stand out as being unique or particularly useful. Acrobat DC is touch-enabled, which makes it easy to use with such devices – mobile platforms in particular. It also is great at converting documents from older file formats, an often overlooked function that is nevertheless quite useful in certain situations.
The OCR is top-notch, performing accurately and smoothly, and is well-integrated into the editing toolkit.
Acrobat DC’s conversion functions are very powerful, and answer the needs of professionals in a variety of domains. It can handle PDF/A, for example, which is important as an archive format. It can also optimize files for web and mobile display, a crucial tool in today’s workplace.
Security and Collaboration Features
When it comes to security, Acrobat DC is perhaps second to none. It offers powerful tools for tracking, signing and redacting documents, professional-level encryption and detailed access control.
It’s also fully cloud-enabled, connecting seamlessly with platforms like Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, and OneDrive.
It’s no secret that Adobe Acrobat DC is one of the most popular PDF management programs available today, and that’s no surprise since it is part of a great brand. For a PDF converter, it comes with a huge spectrum of functions that make it impossible to leave a user wanting more. That might be a drawback for some, however. For those seeking a more lightweight and simple program, other PDF solutions might to do trick. Adobe Acrobat DC is a complex piece of PDF software perhaps best suited to professional users.
ABOUT COMPARE PDF CREATOR
Our website provides PDF users with unbiased reviews of the most popular PDF software on the market. You can easily compare the different features and functionality that each software offers to make sure you make the right choice.
Our reviews are verified and include all the most up-to-date information available so you can rest assured you’re getting the complete scoop. We save you the hassle of putting in hours of research by trying out the top PDF software and offering full reviews all in one place.