Foxit Phantom PDF
Foxit is a trusted brand, and a serious competitor to the Adobe Acrobat product line of PDF software. Their latest product is PhantomPDF, a powerful PDF application that features a wide range of PDF manipulation functionalities that allow users to convert, edit, create, and more. It covers the spectrum of features from basic (document conversion) to advanced (OCR) and is fully cloud-enabled.
Foxit offers three levels of PhantomPDF, each with its own expanding range of features: Standard, Business, and Education. It’s worth noting that the Standard version should be more than enough for most users who are looking for some basic PDF functions.
- Great interface – PhantomPDF features an easy-to-use interface that is intuitive and very similar to Microsoft Office type interfaces, with the standard toolbars and ribbons.
- Extensive collaboration and security features – PhantomPDF really shines when it comes to security and collaboration, enabling compatibility with platforms like SharePoint and the handy ConnectedPDF functionality.
- Multi-language capability – PhantomPDF is one of the few popular PDF applications that can handle a large number of languages, in this case up to 41.
- Add multimedia files to documents – another great feature that isn’t found in many PDF solutions. You can easily drop in and edit videos and sound files into your PDFs.
- OCR not great – besides the fact that you need to download a specific module to enable OCR, PhantomPDF’s Optical Character Recognition is not as accurate as some other leading PDF software.
- No ePub – this is not a common feature among all PDF software, but it’s worth mentioning that PhantomPDF doesn’t convert to ePub formats.
- Trial registration is limited – you can’t really tell what you’re going to get when you buy the full version because PhantomPDF’s free trial version is quite limited in its features.
Overall, PhantomPDF can handle pretty much everything you would need when it comes to manipulating PDF documents. It allows you to view, convert, edit, create and share documents, and can even work with multiple documents quite easily. While it covers the basics in its Standard version, it does include professional level features like OCR (Optical Character Recognition) in its Business package. Its security and collaboration features are also robust, and it’s also fully cloud-integrated.
PhandtomPDF is great at handling multiple documents since it splits them into separate tabs. This alone is an attractive feature which reduces headaches significantly. Its familiar Microsoft Office-like interface also adds to its user-friendly appeal.
Editing documents with PhantomPDF also features some helpful functionalities that make copying and pasting text from a variety of sources a lot less complicated. It will match fonts with the original text being inserted, and allows for easy and extensive text formatting.
When it comes to security, PhantomPDF is near the top of the pack. You can enjoy easy e-signing, a great redaction function, and professional-level encryption of your documents.
Conversion and Creation
The software’s performance when creating or converting documents to and from PDF is outstanding, and that’s especially so for the Business package. A large range of formats are supported, including PDF/A for archiving purposes.
Creating documents is a snap, whether you’re doing it by merging existing files, extracting content from emails or websites, or creating a PDF from scratch. You can also easily integrate multimedia files into your documents with PhantomPDF.
PhantomPDF features a host of capabilities that allow you to collaborate on your documents, including: Net Documents, iManage Worksite and Microsoft SharePoint connectivity. It’s fully cloud-enabled as well, working seamlessly with Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, and OneDrive. The inclusion of secure e-signing and redaction tools round out the software’s impressive security and collaboration toolkit.
If you’re looking for a stable and robust PDF solution from a trusted brand, PhantomPDF is a great choice that offers decent value for what you get. It more than adequately covers all the bases that one would need out of a PDF application for everyday use, and still comes with some professional level functions that could make it an attractive alternative to Adobe Acrobat for business users.
ABOUT COMPARE PDF CREATOR
Our website provides PDF users with unbiased reviews of the most popular PDF software on the market. You can easily compare the different features and functionality that each software offers to make sure you make the right choice.
Our reviews are verified and include all the most up-to-date information available so you can rest assured you’re getting the complete scoop. We save you the hassle of putting in hours of research by trying out the top PDF software and offering full reviews all in one place.